I’m Tanya Penny, Self-Love Catalyst, Vibrant Body and Abundant Life Coach. In this post we are focusing on Key #2 of the Vibrant Body and Abundant Life Blueprint – You Are Lovable & Worthy. I’ll be giving you a taste of this key. If you haven’t signed-up to learn about all 10 keys yet, you can receive the Guide and Guided Therapeutic Meditation Practice by clicking here.
When I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2004 (and weight, anxiety, depression, pain and headaches before then), and was searching on how to heal it, what I found was that cultivating self-acceptance, love and worth is key to not only heal all of it, but to also receive abundance in all areas of your life- love, money, purpose, passions, all of it. One of the most common beliefs in the world is that “I’m not acceptable, lovable, or worthwhile” (or some version of that). I haven’t met one person who doesn’t struggle with this belief to some degree.
The beliefs you hold create what you are experiencing and receiving in life. They can hold you back or support you to have a healthy, abundant life. Your beliefs come mainly from your childhood – the way that you were treated or not treated, what you also saw or heard growing up. We look back but we don’t stare…and we are not here to blame anybody. The truth is we all struggle with the “not enough” belief to some degree, including our parents. Example- I grew up with a father who was very critical (of himself, me, my mother, other people) and perfectionistic. The “not good enough” seed was planted. I also saw my mother not having a lot of acceptance and love for herself. She stayed in an abusive relationship for 16 years, often put herself second or last due to giving her time and attention to other people. She also criticized herself and her body. So those experiences are part of why I struggled with self-acceptance & love. I also had other abuse growing up which made me feel that there must be something wrong with me (or I wouldn’t have been abused). In a nutshell, it is the experiences of your past and past lives that have formed your “not good enough, lovable, worthwhile” beliefs.
So how do we shift these beliefs? Learn to accept and love ourselves more? Embody our worthiness? Here are some tips and tools to get started with:
1) Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 (1= very little self-acceptance, love and worth and 10= complete). Rate yourself with no judgement, just awareness. We need awareness, as we can’t change anything we’re not aware of.
2) Reflect: Why do you struggle with feeling not good enough, lovable or worthwhile? How were you treated (or not) growing up that contributed to this.
3) How is not having 100% self-acceptance, love and worth affecting your seven life areas currently- Self (self-talk), Health (mind/body), Love/Relationships, Purpose/Career, Passions, Money/Material, Spirituality? Again, awareness and acceptance is key, not judging or beating yourself up for what you become aware of.
4) Listen to a guided therapeutic meditation practice daily to accept and love yourself.
5) Every time you notice negative or unkind self-talk, change it to thoughts or words of compassion, acceptance and love.
Those are a few tips and tools to get started today, and you can check out the programs below to receive more wisdom, tools, and support from me.
xoxo Tanya 🙂