I just returned from a 2 week dream trip to Bali and want to share 3 very important things I learned…
1. I learned gratitude. Again. Gratitude is something I really try to practice on a daily basis and of course we’re in November, which means Thanksgiving for those of us in the U.S. But Bali took that gratitude to an even deeper level. It’s a third world country and it was shocking to me to see how people lived there and how happy and thankful they were despite their living conditions: living in shacks with garbage everywhere. Wow, it was truly eye opening.
Bring gratitude into your life on a daily basis. We tend to look at things we don’t want that are in our lives and we also focus on the things we don’t have. But, oh my gosh, we have so much here and we are so lucky to have freedom and to have so many opportunities. Consider trying one of these:
-List a few things in your head every morning before you get out of bed.
-Keep a gratitude journal.
-Talk about what you’re thankful for with your family/friends at dinner time.
-Use the time you’re waiting (in line, traffic) to think about what you’re grateful for.
2. Take time for reflection. Fall in itself is a time to slow down and look at things that are working or not working in your life. And sometimes that means letting go. But the truth is that we have to have space and time to reflect in order to understand all of this.
I recommend that you take some time to slow down. I had two weeks to do that, which not everyone is able to do. But even if you give yourself 30 minutes a day or a couple hours on this upcoming weekend. Take time to reflect on:
What’s working? What’s not? What is in breakdown right now? Take some time to ask why this might be happening and what you can do to make changes.
3. We all need support. I am a very independent woman, and I’m also a coach, right? I support others to make changes in their life. Well, guess what? I need support to! I happen to be on a retreat with 25 other amazing coaches and business women. I received a lot of support the week I was at this retreat. I don’t always have the easiest time recognizing I need it. I think I can do it all by myself and very rarely ask for help. But once we recognize we need to make changes in our life we need support. Everyone needs it. It’s OK to ask for help.
If you know you are ready to breakthrough what is holding you back in life and create the healthy, balanced, passionate life of your dreams, then sign up for one of my (limited number) of complimentary 1:1 breakthrough sessions. CLICK HERE to schedule your session today!
- An accepting, loving relationship with yourself
- A balanced life- work, rest, and play
- Vibrant health, and amazing energy to do what you love every day
- Un-stoppable self-confidence to powerfully take action in your life
- A supportive “tribe” of people that love and accept you for who you are
- Complete trust in yourself to make the choices that are right for you
- A thriving career/business you love, that brings an abundance of money, and allows you to share your gifts/talents with the world