Hello, I’m Tanya Penny, Occupational Therapist, Vibrant Body & Abundant Life Coach. In this post we will be focusing on Key #1 of the Vibrant Body and Abundant Life Blueprint – You Are Divine ~ Your Desires. If you haven’t signed-up to learn about all 10 keys yet, you can receive the 10 Keys Blueprint Guide, audio lesson and guided Therapeutic Meditation Practice by clicking here.
Learning to re-connect with all parts of you is key to healing and receiving abundance in your life. The first self-connection area we are focusing on is connecting with your desires.
Before we move into connecting with yourself and your desires, I feel it is important to share a bit about what could block you from doing so. One of the biggest is not accepting who you truly are, usually because we weren’t accepted or shamed for who were and what we wanted while growing up. Another big block is that we don’t take the time. We don’t take time to connect with ourselves because we are too busy – working too much, people pleasing, doing everything for others… leaving little time to connect with ourselves. Or we might take time to discover what our desires are, but then not fulfill them because – we’re afraid of what other people might say or we don’t think we’re going to do them good enough. Maybe you’ve been taught that you can’t have what you desire, you don’t deserve it, or you’re not worth it. So think small and keep your big dreams hidden. Perhaps you’ve desired things in the past and they didn’t happen. When your desires were neglected or shot down (especially as children), they can keep you from discovering what it is that you truly desire. Awareness of these blocks is key, then learning tools to shift the blocks. I recommend to listen to my guided therapeutic meditations to support you with releasing your blocks.
Let’s move into connecting with your desires – what you desire in all seven life areas? Self (acceptance, love, and trust), health (mind and body), spirituality, relationships with others, passions/hobbies, purpose/career, and money/material. Here are some simple steps to start discovering & co-creating your desires:
1) Take time daily to reflect on what you desire in all 7 life areas mentioned above. You may want to create a page for each in your journal. You can continue to add to each area as new desires come up. Remember to let go & dream big! Also, be careful that the desires you write down aren’t somebody else’s. A lot of time we write down what we should want or desire in our lives… things that maybe your parents wanted or that you’re supposed to want in your culture or society. I call those ego desires. As children we took on what other people desired, and so many of us don’t have a clue about what we desire. You want to make sure these are YOUR heart/soul desires you write down (not your partner’s, parents, friends).
2) When you’re writing your desires, pay attention to the voice in your head. Notice any beliefs, fears, doubts that come up – things about worthiness, deserving, I can’t have that, that’s selfish, that’s greedy, that’s not possible, etc. Create a separate page in your journal and write them down, then write down an opposite/truth.
3) Once you discover what you desire, write down a few baby steps that you can take for each (Example: meditate 20 minutes daily)
4) Make time for your desires. Schedule time in your calendar to take those steps/actions. Catch yourself when you don’t make the time and gently ask why you are not doing so (fear, people pleasing, don’t feel worthy, etc.).
5) Continue to use tools shift your your blocks, fears, doubts, and limiting beliefs. I recommend to listen to my guided therapeutic meditations to support you with this daily.
Progress not perfection. Co-creating your desires takes time, patience, self-love.
If you would like more support, check out the programs below. Questions? Email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know someone who can benefit from this message, feel free to pass it on.
xoxo Tanya 🙂