From a young age I was stuck in worry & trying to fix/control…I actually remember when I was only 5 years old, crying during my “nap time” and my grandma asking me what was wrong. I said that I was worried about my mom and dad. As I grew up I continued to try and do things that would fix & please my parents. To make them happy so that I could get my needs taken care of and be loved.
This pattern of worry and trying to control/fix spread to almost everything in my life. I felt I had to do it ALL, and ALONE. I do believe this worry/control pattern is one of the #1 reasons I was so stressed & got sick – anxiety, depression, headaches, and eventually Multiple Sclerosis.
TRUTH: We have control over nothing but our own emotions, thoughts, and actions. We can’t fix or make others happy. It is your “Something Bigger’s” (whatever you call it- God, Universe, Source, Nature, etc.) job to take care of/guide others on their path AND also guide & support you in all areas of your life too.
Not having a deep connection and trust in your Something Bigger will eventually bite you in the arse…causing lots of stress, illness and breakdown in other areas of your life too (relationships, money, purpose/work).
Tips & tools to connect, trust, and follow your “Something Bigger”:
1) Reflect: Do you believe in “Something Bigger”? If yes, rate on a scale of 1-10 how much you trust in it to take care of you. If no, why not? (didn’t grow up with, grew up with but not good experience, etc.).
2) Reflect: How do you connect with your “Something Bigger”? How often?
3) Carve out time each morning to connect & pray/ask for guidance (silent, out loud, or on paper) AND take time to listen/feel.
4) Listen to this “connection exercise” daily:
5) Dive deeper with the Self-Love & Trust Program HERE